Dr. Fodor provides body sculpting in Aspen and surrounding areas of Colorado.
Many individuals predestined by birth will develop isolated, stubborn fat deposits out of proportion to the rest of the body. The Baby Boomer Generation is entering the age of a variety of hormonal changes. These changes result in a tendency to develop undesirable fatty accumulations over the abdomen, waist (“muffin top”), under the waist (“love handles,” “watermelon rolls,” and “hip rolls”) and under the buttocks at the top of the thighs (“banana rolls”) as well as on the inner thighs and inner knees. Women who have always experienced difficulty with “saddlebags” can also notice an increase in the outer thigh area. In addition to the abdomen and hips, men commonly notice an increase in the volume of the breasts.
Many of the most enthusiastic exercisers notice that regardless of which form of exercise and which method of dieting they subscribe to these fatty accumulations seem to change very little. Frustration over this lack of results can lead to a loss of will to continue. Subsequently, more weight is gained in this and other parts of the body, leading to more frustration, obesity, and depression. And for some, a yo-yo dieting habit can develop.
Dr. Fodor believes that the answer to this vicious cycle that occurs with the desire to achieve permanent fat and weight loss rests with a combination of liposuction, properly selected exercise programs, and an appropriately designed food intake. Strategic suctioning around the buttocks will create a shapelier and/or more compact looking, lifted backside. For some patients, Dr. Fodor may also recommend a tummy tuck, either at the same time or in different surgical sessions.
Initially, when liposuction was first developed, only the deep layer of fat was suctioned. This approach, respecting the superficial layer of fat, serves as a cushion under the skin, camouflaging potential waves, depressions, and irregularities. It works well for patients with elastic skin and for smaller fat deposits.
A more recent innovation in liposuction pioneered by a few surgeons including Dr. Fodor; is known as Superficial Liposuction and is currently being practiced by only a handful of the most experienced and highly skilled plastic surgeons along with Dr. Fodor. Superficial Liposuction works closer to the undersurface of the skin. It is far more difficult to perform evenly, but when properly done a better skin contraction result will occur and, therefore, this type of procedure can be used to treat older patients and those patients who have larger accumulations of fat.
The array of options available to patients today, including lower and upper layer liposuction, make it possible for liposculpture to create the visual impression of a body lift. In conjunction with liposuction, some patients also receive breast lift surgery or breast reduction.
Liposuction, also known as “Lipoplasty” and “Suction-Assisted Lipectomy,” should only be handled and performed by a highly trained, board-certified plastic surgeon with a proven safety record and a very low complication rate. Dr. Fodor’s patients’ discomfort following the liposuction procedure is similar to what most patients are used to experiencing after a heavy workout. Once more, the results are permanent as witnessed by hundreds of thousands of patients who have had liposuction. Fat cell re-growth extensively studied at the site of suction and elsewhere in the body, has been found insignificant. Because they no longer have body regions that resist efforts to diet and exercise, most patients can lose additional weight after suction more easily than before the surgery.
Over the last two decades, Dr. Fodor’s personal contributions to refining all aspects of liposuction, from fluid infusion to techniques and instrumentation of extraction as well as postoperative care, have made this procedure extremely safe and, for most patients, painless. Due to Dr. Fodor’s technique, liposuction’s results are highly predictable with patients now attaining significant aesthetic improvement. In this case, liposuction can be better defined as “liposculpture.”
Dr. Fodor also offers Arm Lift, Tummy Tuck and Mommy Makeover procedures for those with loose, excess skin.
The cost for body sculpting will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for surgery. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your Body Sculpting Consultation in Colorado to begin your path to a more confident you!
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.