Dr. Fodor offers Breast Reduction to residents of Aspen, and surrounding areas of Colorado.
Dr. Fodor recommends the procedure to women with excessively large breasts. The operation is designed to reduce the bulk of the tissue and to move the nipple and areola upward to the position it was in before the breast became excessively large and/or pendulous, or to the “ideal” position. The surgery usually involves both lifting and reducing their size. The selection of an appropriate surgical technique for any specific patient depends on a number of individual factors including size, shape, skin thickness, and laxity.
There are many techniques; in fact, this is probably among the plastic surgery procedures with the greatest number of possible approaches. In most instances, a very pleasing result can be obtained by selecting any of several methods.
When patients undergo breast reduction they get a breast lift. Dr. Fodor offers traditional breast reduction and breast lift. In addition, in his practice patients who qualify for the procedure can greatly benefit from breast reduction and lift only by liposuction.
One of the main drawbacks of the procedure is scarring. Undergoing the procedure is thus a trade off: a more visually attractive, comfortable breast in exchange for some level of scarring. Depending on age and bust configuration, certain new methods may be used to minimize the scarring. In some patients, liposuction by itself which involves far less scarring, may achieve the ideal shape and contour which is the most minimally invasive, and in Dr. Fodor’s opinion still highly underutilized, technique is lipoplasty only breast reduction (LOBR). Rapid recovery, virtually undetectable scars, and no sensory changes or loss of ability to breast feed are some of the major advantages. Though not all women seeking breast reduction are good candidates for LOBR, Dr. Fodor believes this approach could be selected for many more patients. In women for whom nipple/areola position is not sufficiently improved through LOBR, a lift procedure of a lesser magnitude than previously would have been necessary can be carried out at a later time. In Dr. Fodor’s experience, this happens much less often than anticipated. LOBR also serves well for the older patient group, many of whom for health or other reasons prefer to have a smaller operation, even with the trade-off of some residual droopiness.
When patients undergo breast reduction they get a breast lift. Peter B. Fodor offers traditional breast reduction and breast lift. In addition, in his practice patients who qualify for the procedure can greatly benefit from breast reduction and lift only by liposuction.
After the procedure, some patients may need to stay overnight in a recovery facility. A simple bandage is applied following surgery and a smaller sized bra will need to be worn for three weeks. The sutures, if not absorbable, are removed at intervals beginning about seven days after the surgery. The last sutures are usually removed two to three weeks later.
The cost for the surgery will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for surgery. At your consultation Dr. Fodor will be happy discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your consultation to begin your path to a more confident you! Contact this plastic surgeon in Aspen today.
You may also be interested in the following procedures liposuction, breast lift or corrective surgery. Contact this Plastic Surgeon in Aspen today.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.