Dr. Fodor offers otoplasty – ear surgery to residents of Aspen, Snowmass and surrounding areas of Colorado.
Otoplasty is a common procedure used to correct large, uneven and misshapen ears. We know that body image and concerns about one’s appearance are developed as early as 2-3 years of age. When children are perceived to have deformities of the ears, they are often subjected to naïve, but nevertheless, cruel teasing. As a result, children as young as 4-5 years of age are frequently very determined to undergo ear surgery and are typically very cooperative.
Otoplasty begins with incisions being made behind the ear, where they are easily hidden in a natural crease. Dr. Fodor removes excess skin and sculpts the cartilage, reducing the size of the ears and repositioning them closer to the head.
Permanent sutures may be placed in the cartilage to secure its new position and create natural-looking ear folds. Although young children usually receive general anesthesia, for adults the procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
Complications from Otoplasty are rare and, as a general rule, the results are quite rewarding.
The cost for otoplasty will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for surgery. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your Otoplasty Consultation in Colorado to begin your path to a more confident you!
You may also be interested in the following procedures facelift, blepharoplasty or rhinoplasty.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.