Dr. Fodor offers blepharoplasty also called Eyelid Surgery to residents of Aspen, Snowmass and surrounding areas of Colorado.
The aesthetics of the eyes, other than color, are determined entirely by the bony and soft tissue architecture surrounding them. Variations in the bony skeleton, such as underdeveloped cheekbones, when not recognized in advance of blepharoplasty, can negatively impact the final aesthetic result.
The upper and lower lids are complex and delicate structures with important physiologic functions essential to the well-being of the eyes. Dr. Fodor has come to recognize that removing “too much” results in an aged, rather than rejuvenated appearance, especially over time. For years now, his trend has been that of preservation of skin, muscle and fat combined with selective repositioning of tissues and, if indicated, of the outer corners of the lids. For the best possible result, Dr. Fodor may combine these surgical alterations with an elevation of the eyebrows, lifting or augmentation of the cheeks, or other related aesthetic procedures.
The purpose of a blepharoplasty is to eliminate drooping upper eyelids or puffy bags that have developed. Blepharoplasty is usually performed on an outpatient basis and typically takes about 90 minutes. While the purpose of a blepharoplasty is to make you look as good as possible, it cannot perform miracles and surgical results from this procedure are more predictable in some patients than in others. Some of the factors that allow Dr. Fodor to determine the outcome of blepharoplasty include physical condition of the face, thickness and condition of the skin, presence or absence of facial fat, the relative “age” of a patient’s skin, the number and type of wrinkles present, underlying bone structure, heredity and hormonal influences. In addition to these preoperative factors for blepharoplasty, it is important for all patients to have realistic goals and expectations.
Careful preoperative analysis and alterations in surgical technique to fit each individual patient’s needs, avoiding any compromise of eyelid function, are Dr. Fodor’s keys to successful blepharoplasty outcomes.
The cost for blepharoplasty will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor in Aspen will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your consultation for blepharoplasty to begin your path to a more confident you! Contact this board-certified and licensed plastic surgeon today.
You may also be interested in the following procedures facelift, necklift or rhinoplasty.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.