Dr. Fodor offers lip augmentation options to residents of Aspen and surrounding areas of Colorado.
While some individuals are born with thinner lips, aging can also cause lips to become thinner and “prune lines” can form. This may make the allure of a youthful smile can disappear. In the past, this was irreversible. Today, new procedures have been developed to remedy this situation. Dr. Peter Fodor has been a member of a board of consultants tasked to design and give instructional courses for injectables to the face.
Soft tissue implants, as well as collagen and other materials, can be injected into the lips to create a fuller look. Restylane®, and Juvederm®, natural hyaluronic acid-based products offer other options for augmentation of the lips. Dermal-fat grafts have also been used for many years in reconstructive surgery to rebuild burned lips. Utilized for cosmetic surgical purposes by Dr. Fodor, Dermal-fat grafts can provide longer-lasting, and sometimes permanent, results. In some instances, tissues that are ordinarily discarded during an operation such as a facelift can be used for the graft. In other cases, the graft is obtained from an inconspicuous donor site such as the breast fold (during breast augmentation), the buttock fold, or the nape of the neck’s non-hairy area.
Dr. Fodor’s preference is AlloDerm®, a newer product made from real human tissue. There is also a porcine material, Surgisis, available. These are irradiated to eliminate rejection. AlloDerm® and Surgisis are used in a variety of procedures, including lip augmentation. They are semi-permanent (some of it can absorb). However, the fact that they contain natural substances provides a natural look and feel. Fillers have replaced other materials for lip augmentation. With modern techniques, embraced by Dr. Fodor, rather than needles, we use microcannulas for the introduction of fillers, this results in much and is accompanied with practically no discomfort, swelling and bruising is minimized. This can be introduced in the office setting painlessly and with very little downtime.
Dr. Fodor performs a variety of lip augmentation procedures, many times in conjunction with other procedures such as breast augmentation, cosmetic eyelid surgery, nasal surgery or facelift.
The cost for lip augmentation will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for surgery. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your lip augmentation consultation in Colorado to begin your path to a more confident you!
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.