Dr. Fodor performs male breast reduction surgery in Aspen and surrounding areas of Colorado.
Gynecomastia a term derived from the Greek words “gyne” (woman) and “mastia” (breast), is indeed a more common condition than generally realized. The presence of gynecomastia in the general male population is estimated by some to be as high as 40 percent in adults and 60 percent in adolescents. In adolescents, excess weight, or “baby fat,” is often accompanied by an enlarged, fatty breast area. In most cases, this disappears in one or two years. In some individuals, however, the breast enlargement persists through adolescence and into adulthood. As this individual enters middle age, the midriff spreads, pads of fat gather at the waist (“love handles”), and additional fatty tissue accumulates at the breast. Between the ages of 50 and 70, therefore, gynecomastia becomes almost universal.
For men struggling with gynecomastia, breast reduction surgery in Aspen is the answer.
Gynecomastia can also occur in older patients being treated for prostate cancer with medications containing estrogen. Also, since the liver metabolizes estrogen, impaired liver function (such as in the case of an alcoholic) can also lead to gynecomastia. In very rare instances, a hormone-producing testicular tumor can lead to the condition. Finally, taking anabolic steroids as some bodybuilders do, as well as the recreational use of marijuana has been known to lead to gynecomastia.
Most gynecomastia cases are not related to systemic diseases such as the ones described above, and therefore may be corrected with modern surgical techniques. For those patients whose gynecomastia is caused primarily by excessive fatty tissue, liposuction alone will be used. Actually, the advent of liposuction revolutionized the treatment that can be offered to these patients. Since the breast tissue development that comes with gynecomastia consists primarily of fatty tissue, liposuction alone is sufficient in most instances. In Dr. Fodor’s practice, not only flattening of the chest but actual sculpting, including a better definition of the pectoral muscle edge (pectoral etching), is also offered to these patients. The surgical techniques currently available for the treatment of gynecomastia make it possible to alleviate this embarrassing problem, benefiting Dr. Fodor’s patients both physically and psychologically.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Fodor will discuss which option is best for you.
The cost for a male breast reduction will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for surgery. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your Male Breast Reduction Consultation in Aspen Colorado to begin your path to a more confident you!
You may also be interested in the following procedures rhinoplasty, liposuction or facelift procedures.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.