Peter B. Fodor, M.D., F.A.C.S. is an internationally recognized aesthetic plastic surgeon, double board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Born a Hungarian national in Romania, he escaped the brutal communist regime and immigrated to the United States, learned English as an adult and graduated first in his class from the University of Wisconsin Medical School, just three years after his arrival to the U.S. He interned at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas, followed by general surgery and plastic surgery residencies at Columbia/New York Presbyterian Hospital system including plastic surgery residency at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital. His extensive general surgical background gives Dr. Fodor a comprehensive understanding of the limits, possibilities and applications of both forms of surgery. It is his comprehensive knowledge has led him to develop many of the innovative procedures that are now used as standard in aesthetic plastic surgery. For years, he has been a member of national committees designed to evaluate and introduce innovative procedures in aesthetic plastic surgery. Dr. Fodor provides only the most advanced care to his patients.
Dr. Fodor has been a member and served as President of the Board of Directors of numerous plastic surgical and medical societies, including the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the Lipoplasty Society of North America, The Semmelweis Scientific Society. He was Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and a member of the Board of Directors of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. In addition, he was a founding member of a number of plastic surgical societies and served extensively in different positions of their organizational structure. A voluntary Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery first at Columbia University and now at UCLA, Dr. Fodor also travels nationally and internationally as a visiting professor and surgeon. He is an honorary professor at the Plastic Surgery Service of the University of the State of Rio de Janeiro. He was recognized and named among the “best physicians” for body contouring and facial cosmetic surgery by W, Town & Country, Los Angeles and many other magazines. Dr. Fodor is licensed to practice medicine in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Nevada, Michigan, New York, and Wisconsin.
A retired captain in the U.S. Air Force, Dr. Fodor enjoys giving back to the community. He and his wife, Barbara, have been honored for contributions to organizations that provide medical assistance to children, burn victims, and sight-and hearing-impaired individuals, as well as funding for the arts. In addition, the Fodor’s founded and financially support “The Peter & Barbara Fodor Scholarship” in his native city Tirgu Mures, Romania (www.mmdsz.ro) which provided annual scholarships eventually totaling more than 300 Hungarian medical students living in Romania.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.